Warriors of the Lake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warriors of the Lake

A cat RP forum based on the later books of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter.

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Generic Plotting Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Master of Plots
Master of Plots
Ripped

Current Cats: : Rippedsky of Skyclan, Dawnbreak of Skyclan, Shadowbreeze of Thunderclan, Brackenthorn of Windclan, Redwhisker of Riverclan
Mentors: : Ravenheart (NPC)

Generic Plotting Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Generic Plotting Guidelines   Generic Plotting Guidelines EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 7:14 pm

As the unofficial Lord of the Plots, I'm here to keep things running smoothly. To allow for creative freedom, I don't want there to be too many regulations for plotlines. However, to ensure things run smoothly on the site and we make sure everything pushes towards the goal of sticking to the book, there are a few things to keep in mind when planning:

1. For the most part, personal character plots and smaller plots are good to go. Anything that will affect more than a couple of characters (i.e. anything for a whole clan, multiple clans, or a sitewide) needs to be approved before going into effect to ensure not too many things are happening at the same time.
- Depending on whether or not major site plots are happening, we might ask for big plots to be on hold for a while. But I plan on doing what I can to make sure everyone can do what they enjoy and have a good roleplay experience.

2. Before being officially approved, a plot outline or plotting page must be sent to me.
- Things like the plot summary, characters involved, and how this will play out are helpful when sending the message. It helps me to approve things faster!

3. One of the things we highly encourage here is the community. When asking people to sign up for your plots, I ask that you either make it "first come, first serve" or mention that you will be selecting the characters. Try not to leave people out. It's more fun the more people you connect with!

4. Rules that are run without notifying staff first might have the potential to be shut down, especially if it involves Starclan or special character abilities.

5. Like in the books, if your character breaks the warrior code, medicine cats could find out! So, keep that in mind when planning.

6. There will typically be an overarching site plot going on at any given time. I'd recommend considering that and what is happening at the time before creating a plot.

7. Any and all plots are to make sure they are aligned with the site rules.

I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with!

~ Ripped
Back to top Go down

Generic Plotting Guidelines
Page 1 of 1